Thanks to the Portable Ice Maker machines, we are not in the shortage of ice cubes anymore. Instead of using the freezer in conventional refrigerators, it is always better to use a Portable Ice Maker. Without Portable Ice Maker Machines, we will be facing huge problem while partying at our home, when we need the most of the ice cubes in drinks.
The Ice Maker machines are great in producing ice cubes in short time. Without ice maker machine, we will be missing the constant supply of the Ice Cubes. In the scorching hot summer, the ice maker machines come to your rescue by providing the ice cubes to chill your summer drinks. When the Ice Maker machines are continuously used, the machine starts to behave weirdly, that is the indication that you need to take care of the machine.
When the machine starts to give you some problems or use consistently, then it is the time to clean a portable ice maker machine. Assuming that all of you reading this post have a Portable Ice Cubes maker in your home, we will start this post with the procedures to clean it very well.
How to Clean a Portable Ice Maker
The Ice Maker machines work in its way. It takes the water from the reservoir and then freezes the adequate sizes of ice cubes. But, after the continuous use of the machines, we have to clean it to prevent any further damage and ensure the proper functioning.
The Water you utilized in the reservoir to make ice cubes have different minerals in it. It depends on the country you are living in, but similar in almost all of the cases. The Minerals in the water starts sticking on the side walls of the Ice Maker machines, making the surface look white in color. The Coating on Minerals on the sidewalls of the machine may reduce the performance of this machine.
That’s why cleaning the machine once in a while is highly recommended. There is no exact time frame set to clean a portable ice maker machine. So, you can decide the cleaning schedule on the frequency of use. If you use the machine daily, then it is recommended to clean it every week or so. It is always better to clean in before it becomes a headache.
How to Clean a Portable Ice Maker Machine
Cleaning a Portable Ice Maker machine at home is not tough as rocket science. You can complete the cleaning process in 5-10 minutes. That’s pretty simple for any average person.
- First of all, Turn OFF the Ice Maker machine and take out the plug from the electricity socket. This is the initial step and important safety measure to take before starting the cleaning process.
- Now, open the Ice Maker Machine and remove any remaining ice cubes and moisture. If there is excessive water remaining in the Machine, then you can clean it with the Sponge or the Cleaning cloth.
- Now, take out any movable part like Ice Tray from the machine. Keep them aside and wipe all the dirt and moisture from the inside of the machine.
- We have the detachable parts outside of the machine. Clean them with a Cleaning towel or use any permissible cleaning agent to clean the parts like Ice Tray. With consistent use of the machine, the parts like Ice Tray and Container becomes the second house of germs. So, cleaning them properly is crucial.
- If you are expert in opening the machine, then try to open the machine and take out the Water Filters and other parts from the machine. The Water Filter becomes the most contaminated part after consisten usage of the machine. So, it is critical to take care of the water filter. Wipe the dust or excessive dirt collected on the water filter with the appropriate cleaner and then let it air dry.
- After letting all cleaned parts air dry, it is the time to put it back. First put the Water Filter or any internal part and screw it tightly. After putting the internals, it is the time for removable items like Ice Tray and others.
- After putting all things inside the machine, make sure that it is totally dry. A Single drop of water inside the ice maker machine (Except the water we added in the reservoir) can destroy the machine. So, make sure it is dry completely.
- Now, plug in the Power Cable in the electricity socket and turn on the machine. Make sure it runs perfectly.
TADAA!! You’ve perfectly cleaned the Portable Ice Maker machine and ready to produce ice cubes for parties. Follow all the Steps mentioned in this post and you are ready to rock. If you face any problem while cleaning up your favorite ice maker machine, then please comment down below.